Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) is a unique system of table-based assisted stretching which focuses on the muscles and connective tissue that surround and encompass the joints.
Fascia is a network of layered connective tissue that surrounds muscles, bones and joints. The joint capsule that surrounds joints is involved in optimizing the mechanical function of the joint and is also part of the fascial network. When the fascia and joint capsules are restricted it can cause increased muscle tone, strains, and tears. It also contributes to scar tissue formation which inhibits efficient movement patterns, increasing tightness even further.
Benefits Of Fascial Stretch Therapy
- Reduce and help prevent the risk of injury
- Improved posture and muscle function, which allows your body to move more freely
- Improve/Increase circulation, flexibility and range of motion
- Reduce or eliminate pain and soreness
- Promote development of body awareness, and increase balance and symmetry in the body
- Enhance physical fitness and performance, and helps to reach fitness goals
- Improved Recovery and Sleep