The Best Kid Lunch Ideas For School
Do you operate a busy family with busy, growing children in Niagara Falls? We have the best kid lunch ideas for school, especially for busy moms. Give your kids the energy they need to make it through the day with a healthy lunch.
Studies have shown that if you equip your children with healthy food to eat at school, they will be better prepared to study and learn. Although prepackaged products are easy, they are often loaded with saturated fat, calories and sodium.
7 Healthy School Lunch Ideas For Kids
The key to making lunches is being organized! Here’s a few ideas for the upcoming daily lunch grind:
1. Invest in a thermos →Chili, stews, casseroles, soups all work well.
2. Fruits and veggies→ Have small separate containers for a dip like bean dips or yogurt
3. Thermos-ready smoothie→A protein and fruit drink to go. Add orange fish oil for brain power
4. Mini quiches, pizza roll-up Bento lunch with topping options, tuna salad (try adding avocado, white kidney beans, pureed cauliflower), Mexican-style burrito or quesadilla
5. Turkey & pepper roll-up→bell pepper strips rolled in turkey slices
6. Rainbow chopped side salad of cucumber/carrots/peppers
7. Snack options: homemade popcorn, Crunchy Trail Mix(healthy granola/cereal and add seeds/dried fruits), homemade granola bars (can be frozen for later), unsweetened applesauce, corn/bean tortilla Chips(Stirring salsa into canned refried beans), banana and fruit and/or sunbutter roll ups.
Give your kids something to look forward to at lunch with a variety of options they won’t want to trade away!
Now Something For You!