Family Planning 101 for the New Year
If you and your partner are considering starting or expanding your family in the new year then there is no better time for you to think about Preconception Health Care!
This is your first opportunity to optimize your child’s health. Positive changes in your health now can boost natural fertility, which can save you months or years of heartache when you are ready to have a baby. This can also save you thousands of dollars in avoiding expensive fertility procedures.
Here are 5 key tips to get you started:
1. Reduce Harm. Stop hormonal birth control 6-12+ months before you want to conceive. Stop smoking and eliminate/limit alcohol and processed foods.
2. Reduce environmental toxins. Eat certified organic meat and produce as much as possible. Switch to natural skin/hair care products and household cleaners.
3. Detoxify your body 6-12+ months in advance. Work with a qualified practitioner for an individualized detoxification plan.
4. Build your nutrient reserves! The key here is QUALITY foods/supplements.
5. Manage your STRESS! Incorporate relaxation techniques daily.
Preconception Health Care is essential!
Unexplained infertility is on the rise and our high stress lifestyles, nutritionally deficient diets and environmental toxins are to blame. Making lifestyle changes over 6-12 months before conception can ensure you are creating the best possible environment for a baby to grow and thrive.